The EMPC committee is welcoming you to a digital ONLINE Conference 13-16 September 2021
Oral presentations are given 25 minutes in total, including 3 minutes of discussions.
Keynotes presentations are given 35 minutes in total, including 3 minutes of discussions.
The time limit needs to be strictly followed to maintain the conference schedule.
The conference will be held in local Swedish time (CEST).
Central European Summer Time (CEST) is 2 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
Please consult the following webpage to check current CEST: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/cest
Technical test on September 9th :
You are invited to join a technical support zoom-meeting by Trippus (the digital conference platform supplier) where you have the possibility to ask questions and test your presentation live before the conference. September 9th at 1PM, Join by this zoom-link: https://eu01web.zoom.us/j/63015210612
Note that the times are in Central European Summer Time (CEST)
Please note that we want all presentations to be held live.
If you do not have the opportunity to give a live presentation, you can in exceptional cases send in a pre-recorded version. Please contact EMPC2021@meetx.se for further instructions.
Recommendations for your presentation
- Good lighting (no window, bright sun or light in the background)
- The camera lens should be in line with your eyes, sit approx. 50-70 cm from the camera
- Keep in mind to avoid any background noise
- If possible, use a microphone other than the one in your computer. I.e. your mobile headset
- Do not run any software than necessary on your computer while presenting. Turn off all applications on your computer that use your video, such as Microsoft Teams, Skype, etc
- It is recommended to use a computer with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Chromium Edge when you enter the Conference platform
- The sessions will be held in Zoom, please make sure to your zoom name. Example: First Name Last Name – Organization
- Please also make sure your Internet has a good connection to get the best sound and picture quality.
- Use your own power point (PPT) template, no special template for EMPC. But please include the EMPC2021 logo below on an appropriate part of your first slide (use about 1.2” / 3 cm in height)
- Put your PPT in presentation mode and choose full page
Before the session starts you will meet the technician and chairperson in the zoom-room to make sure that everything is set. Connect to the session (Join session from the platform program) 10-15 minutes before the session starts, in the break.
Make sure you have your correct name (first name and surname) in Zoom so the technician can find you.
(To change your name in Zoom – click on Participants – rename). The technicians will connect you to the zoom-room and give you the authority Co-host (as a speaker).
A link to access the platform will be sent out to all registered participants on September 10th .
You will find the detailed program on the website and on the Conference Platform.
The conference platform will record all sessions and publish the recorded material from the conference on the platform. The program will be available for all participants registered to the conference also after the conference, until Monday the 4th of October.
In the social media please use #EMPC2021
For further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us by e-mailing email@example.com.
Meetx on behalf of EMPC 2021